Modified Regulations and Syllabus For Two Year MBA Course in Semester System For the Students (Administration)Admitted in the year 2010 onwards
- The Master Of Business Administration course ,called the Course hereafter, shall comprise of two academic year shall consists of two semesters. Each semester shall approximately consists of 18 weeks of teaching,3 weeks of academic and other formalities ,including the semester examination.
- Eligibility Criteria: A Bachelor’s degree of 10+2+3 pattern with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or in Honours / Major subject (if any) from Gauhati University or any other recognized University .
- Admission Criteria :Eligible applicant will have to appearing a written test to be conducted by Gauhati University ,meant to evaluate their quantitative aptitude ,general awareness and proficiency in English .However candidates who have appear in anyone of the All India Common Entrance of the relevant session for admission to MBA programme ,viz. CAT, MAT, ATMA ,or XAT and scored marks not less than 75 percentile are exempted from appearing in the written test conducted by Gauhati University .Candidates qualifying in the written test conducted by Gauhati University or a candidate having scored marks not less than 75 percentile in the aforesaid All India Common Entrance may be permitted to appear in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview for selection .The final selection will be based on the applicant’s overall performance in the written test ,group discussion and interview.
- Admission Process : There shall be a Selection Committee Dean, Faculty of Management ; Head Department Of Business Administration ,another senior teacher of the Dept .selected by the Dept. and two external members appointed by the Vice-Chancellor on the recommendation of the Head of the Dept .The Selection Committee shall select candidates on the basis of selection criteria as per clause 3 above and shall recommended names for final approval to the Admission Committee for the University. While selecting candidate ,the Selection Committee shall consider the following reservation of seats (Total No-14).In all such reserved cases ,the candidates must fulfill the minimum eligibility as per clause 2 above.
- Scheduled Caste 7%
- Schedule Tribes (plains)10%
- Schedule Tribes (Hills) 5%
- OBC & MOBC 15%
- One seat for the son/daughter of University Employees.
- One seat for candidate having extra-curricular proficiency .One seat for Physically Handicapped candidate.
In case of non-availability of qualifying candidates in each of the above reservation categories ,seats will be filled up from candidates in the general categories on the merit basis.
Three additional seats are reserved for foreign students .Foreign students studying in Indian Universities are required to appear in the admission test .In case of foreign students who are not required to appear for the test preference will be given to those who furnish their latest GMAT and TOFEL scores.
If an admitted candidate fails to attend classes for 20 days after commencement of classes his/her name shall be deleted from the Register after due notification to the University authorities concerned and the vacant seats thus shall be filled up from the waiting list. A student of the course shall not be permitted to prosecute any other course of study or to hold full time/part time job/ service simultaneously .